Thursday, August 16, 2012

Anime : Polar Bear's Cafe (Shirokuma Cafe)

Look at his adorable little face!

I've been working through some personal stuff lately, and while it's nothing too serious - I have been feeling a little blue. Some adorable panda faces and cheesy puns sounded like just the cure. Enter Shirokuma Cafe.


I had seen a few random gifs from the show, and had no intention of watching it. It seemed fairly strange - and my list of shows to watch is already way too long. But noooo, Isaac had to have the first episode playing on his laptop, and though I tried my hardest not to pay attention... the voices and sound effects snagged my interest. By then it was too late - I was hooked. (Thanks a lot Isaac. No seriously, Thanks! ^^)

 What I had failed to realize was that in addition to all the silliness, this show is absolutely overflowing with cute.


I'm only seven episodes in, so far - but I love it! The voice acting is solid, the puns get me every time, Panda-kun's faces are insanely adorbs... but the main reason I love it so much is this guy:


Shirokuma.

He's the main source of puns in the show, also extremely adorable, and is the owner (these animals have jobs, yo) of a quiet little cafe. His sense of calm and overall chillness totally won me over. 

This show is the ultimate bad-day fixer. It's a comedy for sure, but it also has some very heart warming moments - and a subtle, underlying message of 'stay true to yourself'. If you can handle the slice-of-life style and anthropomorphic animals, you're in for a heavy dose of smiles & hahas.


I can't stop laughing at this. Panda-kun, you so crazy. ^^



Check it out!



(Images in this post came from Random Curiosity, Lemmas and Submodalites, Good Morning Lovely, and Polar Bear Cafe on Tumblr. I added the 'This Guy' text.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts! ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...