Monday, April 9, 2012

Movies : The Artist

Source: Filmofilia

I managed to go see The Artist a few days before the Oscars, so I was doubly excited to see such a fantastic movie win big. To be honest, I haven't seen nearly enough silent films, but the few that I have seen I've loved - and The Artist is no exception. It's got everything: a cute and quirky romance, beautiful music, sound gags, an adorable dog, fantastic dancing, and the struggle of dealing with changing times.

Source: Evention

Not only are these two gorgeous, they also have extremely expressive faces. (Which is pretty important in a silent film.) As Gloria Swanson famously stated in her portrayal of Norma Desmond in Sunset Boulevard
"We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!"

Source: Telegraph

And of course, that adorable dog I mentioned. Every hero needs a sidekick. ^-^

If you're looking for an inspiring film that isn't afraid to deal with matters of the heart and personal struggles, (but manages to end on a happy note - in true Hollywood style) I highly recommend The Artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts! ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...